Another framework? There are so many ..
For those who don't know, Flask it's a framework written in Python and usually, it's called a microframework because offer fewer modules than other (much heavier) frameworks, .. like Django, Laravel or Symphony.
A short list of Flask's goodies:
Request and response objects, a (really nice) routing processor, effective templating (jinja2) and basic facilities such as sessions.
It also brings out of the box development support: a built-in development server and debugger plus integration of unit tests.
Many Python users consider Flask more than Django and one of the reasons can be the fact that Flask was written several years after Django and therefore learned from the Python community's reactions as the framework evolved.
Pros to go with Flask:
- Absolute minimalism and small learning curve
- Elegant routing compared to Django. Flask uses decorators and this is very intuitive.
- Powerful ORM (SqlAlchemy) but other PRM's can be easily integrated
- Native Templating (Jinja2)
- Debugger right in the browser
- Production ready modules: Flask-Admin, Flask-Mail, Flask-PyMongo (port to Mongo)
- Suitable for small, medium projects. Big projects usually ends up with a structure similar to Django. Find out more about this amazing framework on their [Link homepage].
Github recommended resources:
Also, sample projects are available on Github:
- [Link Flask WepApp] - Simple web application with authentication and private/public content
- [Link Flask Cms] - SEO friendly Cms enhanced with authentication and plugins ( RECAPTCHA, Facebook comments plugin, Google analytics)
King regards ...